Hello all. I’ve been ill, not Covid, hence no Six on Saturday last week that would have started off the month for me! I have much to do now in the garden and on Friday I did begin getting things back into order. Yesterday’s post will show the state it had got into. Many jobs to do in the garden. Bottom end of the garden needs taming and bringing into line. Potatoes, that’s the earlies, need to check see if they’re ready for harvest. Next doors over hanging plum tree needs trimming it’s overhanging my greenhouse. Well the list is endless. Get it done when it can be done. Good to have had the rain but I found areas that are still dry! Anyway, here’s a few items that are growing and taking centre stage at present.
… it’s time for my week’s Six on Saturday.
1) Intense Blue Festuca Glauca Grass. It’s fine specimen of a plant and look forward to when nothing else is around to give the showy intensity of this grass. Just had to have this grass amongst my collection of grasses.
2) Cosmos Fizzy White. Pure white lots of flowers to come from this plant. Comes with it’s own little beetles too – no singing please.
3) Begonia Non-Stop Yellow. Popped these in to fill a bit of space at the front of a small part of the border until these more permanent garden residents.
4) Coriopsis. A bright yellow tousled flower. Another filler in plant. Have several so super useful until things become permanent from perennial plants.
5) Mixed up and prostrate plants. Wallflower, foxglove, Achillea. Some work to do here and have to find something good to put these more upright. They where doing very well until the heavy rain!
6) Deep Purple Surfinia. In absence of some height at this point of the garden I stuck a metal shepherd’s pole in the ground and hung the hanging basket from it. Just need a bright yellow Surfinia to set it off. Well, just happen to have such a plant but not got to plant before this article.
That’s this week’s Six on Saturday. Whatever you’re doing be safe and ensure that you enjoy your gardening or what ever you do. Too our host of Six on Saturday, The Propagator, thank you to him. Pop over to see the delights on his blog and view blogs from around the world. Until the next week’s #SixonSaturday, all the best. May pop in with the odd Post of the Day, too. Watch out for occasional view of the garden in development on Fridays. (Updated Friday 9th July).