This week’s Six on Saturday has been prepared a few days early for timed publication due to other engagements.
Good warm weather and no rain, though humid. I looked at the weather forecast for the week or so ahead, no rain due for a while in Central England. Everything is growing very well though. All the new plants taking well to the new planting positions. Finally, I have few roses in bloom! Allium ‘Purple Sensation’ have completely finished, very quick. Veg coming on well.
… now it’s time for this weeks Six on Saturday.
1) Clematis, ‘Ooh La La’. I am so impressed with this Clematis as it has begun to flower in spectacular fashion. It is from Boulevard range. Not growing much above 4ft high but bushy habit and large flowers. Magenta with the lighter marking down the centre of each petal. This I thought looked like last weeks contribution C. ‘Carnaby’. However, this variety is less vibrant and smaller flowers.
2) Rosa, peach colour. I don’t know the name of this variety of Rose but can produce lots of flowers nicely formed flowers and not too big. It’s been in same pot for many years and now needs new compost and a good location. Perhaps I shall plant it in the garden eventually.
3. Welsh Poppy. Here’s another bonus plant as this has sprouted from between a Phlox I was given. It’s welcome sunny site though need to ensure it doesn’t self seed all over the place as. it’s is then more difficult to control.
4. Rosa, ‘Irish Eyes’. I have just snapped this at the right moment. Small flowers yellow with a tinged of red. Will look even better once there are many flowers opened at the same time. A big favourite of mine.
5. Allium ‘Mount Everest’. This is more unusual colour and flowering for a Allium. Hoping it will look more impressive with more of those small flowers opening.
6) Clematis ‘Zara’. Another variety from the Boulevard range of clematis. The intensity of the blue is striking. Again not growing very tall about 4ft.
That’s this weeks Six on Saturday. Whatever you’re doing be safe and ensure that you enjoy your gardening or what ever you do. Our host of Six on Saturday, The Propagator thank you to him. Pop over to see the delights on his blog and view blogs from around the world. Until the next week’s #SixonSaturday, all the best. May pop in with the odd Post of the Day, too. Watch out for occasional view of the garden in development on Fridays.
I have planted a white allium too. I hope it does as well as yours.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.