Hello once more as the end of January is here. Though cold here in the UK, weeks are nearly start to head towards our Spring. This, again, is what my week’s blog is all about, looking to what will be enjoyed in bloom soon for our spring.
I have started a new feature of each Friday there will, I hope, view(s) of the garden I am trying to transform or develop. Check it out. Okay, time for Six on Saturday.
1) New growth Rose Lady Marmalade. Bought this end of last year. It’s one of three orange flowered that I need to get as they in memory of a dear friend. This will be off to a great start when I have found a pot that is suitable. This is my first rose bush bought in a while.
2) Clematis – Boulevard Range. New growth of one of my newly acquired clematis. By the looks of this I need to get it in filled up with compost. It’s alway great to see the new year’s growth though.
3) Hellebore. I wasn’t expecting to be putting in a hellebore – but this might be the last time you see this boring green version. A self set plant that has grown over the years. However, there’s no room for it and it’s been better days. Make way? The veg patch is being reinstated! This plant is in the way, I’ve decreed it must go!
4) Tulips, Angelique. The first signs of tulips poking through. These seem to always be the first to come though. Many others yet but no signs of life, yet.
5) New growth yet gain on another clematis from the Boulevard range. Proves there’s plenty to happen yet. May be time for some pruning too.
6) Crocus – finally peering into the world.
That is it for this weeks Six on Saturday. Whatever you’re doing be safe and ensure that you enjoy your gardening or what ever you do. As always our host of Six on Saturday is The Propagator. Pop over to see the delights on his blog and blogs from around the world. Until the next #SixonSaturday, all the best. May pop in with the odd Post of the Day, too. Go on do have a look. Watch out for weekly view of my garden on Friday’s.