Hello once more as we enter the penultimate week of January. Seems like, though cold here in the UK, weeks are nearly start to head towards our Spring. This is somewhat my week’s blog is all about, looking to what will be enjoyed in bloom soon for our spring. Also, I have started a new feature of each Friday there will, I hope, view(s) of the garden I am trying to transform or develop. Check it out. Okay, time for Six on Saturday. (Not started with Erysimum this week).
1) Muscari, latifolium? These have grown a lot in the last few weeks, hoping they won’t just be leaves, I expect flowers.
2) Mixed Crocus- species. This little lot should be wonderful display – looking forward to these brightening the days very soon.
3) Heuchera, small plant. I was given this end of autumn last year – it seems to be thriving even though it freezing weather. Thinking of giving it more protection in the greenhouse – will be better off there.
4) Hellebore. Yes, it’s the time for Hellebores. this one nods it’s head too much to be photographed easily so it had a helping hand.
5) New growth Winter Jasmine. Wow, new growth already. Though this is going to get the chop as there’s far too much of it having spread into everywhere. Needs to be shown who’s master!
6) Narcissus, Avalanche. These are some of the many Narcissus I planted in the autumn. they are a multi-headed variety of small flowers, strongly scented. Look forward to those indeed.
That is it for this weeks Six on Saturday. Whatever you’re doing be safe and ensure that you enjoy your gardening or what ever you do. As always our host of Six on Saturday is The Propagator. Pop over to see the delights on his blog and blogs from around the world. Until the next #SixonSaturday, all the best. May pop in with the odd Post of the Day, too. Go on do have a look. Watch out for weekly view of my garden on Friday’s.