It’s been a relatively good week weatherise. The roses in pots seem to have gone and done their flowering for now, it will be some trimming back and hopefully there will be a flush of new blooms. The lawn is getting a regular mowing this year for a change and it’s looking better. Any mounds from the last few years to deal with but at least no more ones. It’s Six on Saturday therefore, here’s my six which is mainly a catch up of what’s going on.
1) Rosa Pink is doing well with continuous flowering though mostly one at a time. As long as it doesn’t get cold and wet it flowers beautifully.
2) Pieris Forest Flame. Now this is ever changing putting out new growth with this now dense red colouring.
3) Acer palmatum. Doing superbly well with its new growth, hurrah.
4) Ilex. A variegated Holly that’s also doing well. Although must get rid of that mares tail that’s a nuisance.
5) Hydrangea Vanille Fraise. Here’s another of my catch ups. It’s been a shrub that’s giving lots of blooms and wait for the change of shades too.
6) Agapanthus, Lavender Haze. Continuing catch up with this African Lily. If only the weather would be more sunny then this would bloom more readily. Oh well, just have to be patient.
That’s my Six on Saturday for this week. It’s a big thank you to the one and only Jon The Propagator for his stupendous idea it was to create Six on Saturday. Each week it brings more and more Six on Saturday blogs. If you want to know how to go about it all then take a look at this blog Six on Saturday – a participant guide. Until next week keep safe but enjoy whatever you do.